Fleur de Spring Skillet Bread
1 packet active dry yeast
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup water
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp Duxbury Saltworks Classic Sea Salt
1 tbsp Duxbury Saltworks Spring Blend
- Put 1/3 cup very warm water (105 and 110°F) in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and stir until incorporated.
- Mix in yeast and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Add in flour and Classic Sea Salt. Roll up your sleeves and mix all together with your hands until a dough ball forms.
- Sprinkle flour on your counter and knead, knead, knead the dough for several minutes until all ingredients are incorporated and the exterior of the dough ball is smooth and uniform.
- Put a damp cloth over the dough and allow to rise undisturbed on the counter for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Move ball of dough to a skillet pan.
- Sprinkle Fleur de Spring salt on top of dough & place in oven.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes until top of bread is golden brown.
- If you don't have sugar, you can also substitute 1 tsp honey, agave, or brown sugar to the yeast.
- If the dough feels a little tacky as you're mixing it together, add a tsp or two more flour. If the dough feels a little dry, add a tsp or two of water.
- Don't have a skillet? A regular baking pan works great too!