Pan-seared Brussel Sprouts
1 lb Brussel sprouts
2 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp Duxbury Saltworks Classic Sea Salt
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
2. Add brussel sprouts and par boil for 5-7 minutes, until a fork pierced into the center of a sprout meets medium resistance.
3. Drain brussel sprouts in a colander.
4. Add olive oil to a large sauté pan and warm over medium-high heat for one minutes.
5. Add brussel sprouts to the pan, tossing to coat. Ideally sprouts should rest in one layer.
6. Let cook, without stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until sprouts caramelize to a golden brown color.
7. Toss again and let cook again without stirring to caramelize the other side and sprouts are fork-tender.
8. Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle with more sea salt to taste.
1. For an extra flavor boost, replace oil oil with 3 tsp of bacon grease. Sprinkle cooked brussel sprouts with crumbled bacon pieces.