Organic Herb Citrus Roasted Turkey
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 3 hours
SERVES: 10 to 12
1 (12-pound) turkey, thawed
8 tbsp unsalted butter
1 bunch fresh herbs, ideally a mix of rosemary, thyme, & sage
1 tbsp Duxbury Saltworks Seasonal Salt Blend
1⁄2 tbsp Black Pepper
3 cups Hale Bone Broth
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice and add lemon and orange and herbs to the cavity of bird.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan. Massage the outside of the turkey with butter.
- Sprinkle with Duxbury Saltworks Seasonal Salt Blend and pepper over the top.
- Add 3 cups of heated Hale Bone Broth to bottom of roasting pan for basting.
- Tent the bird with tin foil.
- For the first 30 minutes, cook at 425°F; then lower the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Baste the bird every thirty minutes.
- Roast for 2 1⁄2 to 3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from oven. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Slice and serve warm.
- Use organic ingredients where possible.