Maddie's Frozen Honey Sea Salt Mousse
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pinch Duxbury Saltworks Classic sea salt
- In a double boiler, off the heat, beat all 6 egg yolks briefly. Move to a burner over medium heat and whisk in the honey. Once integrated, switch to a spatula and stir for 10 minutes, or until the mixture reaches 185 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and set the pan in a bowl of ice, stirring the honey-yolk mixture until it cools. Remove from ice bath and set aside.
- In a cold bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they are just past soft peaks. Gradually fold half the honey mixture into the whites, then then fold the remainder carefully into the whipped cream. In a large bowl, gently fold the two together.
- Gently smooth the mousse into a serving container or 8 to 10 glasses to about three-quarters full. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight until firm.
- When ready to serve, top with honey, sea salt, and fresh fruit.
Recipe courtesy of FOOD52, excerpted from Something Old, Something New by Tamar Adler and adapted by Maddie Chisholm.