1 ½ cups Sweet potatoes, cubed
1 Red bell pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp Freshly ground pepper
½ tsp Duxbury Saltworks Classic Sea Salt
1 tbsp Parsley, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 5 whole eggs and one egg white.
- Heat a 10”-12” cast iron pan over a medium flame until hot.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil and sweet potatoes, season with sea salt and a few turns of freshly ground black pepper, and sauté for 12 minutes, or until almost crisp tender.
- Add pepper and garlic to sweet potato mixture, and sauté until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Move sweet potato mixture to a plate to cool, wipe pan clean and return to the stove.
- Swirl remaining olive oil around the pan to coat and pour in egg mixture.
- Add in cooked sweet potatoes, pepper and sea salt.
- Sprinkle in the cheese and mix gently to spread the vegetables evenly across the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook until the bottom of the frittata is set and the top is still liquidy.
- Transfer pan to the oven for 9-14 minutes or until the top is set but not browned.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and garnish with parsley before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
✧ Frittatas are a great way to use up your leftovers. Delicious combinations include asparagus, ham and shredded mozzarella; crimini mushrooms, leeks and Monterey Jack cheese; and string beans, potatoes and gruyere cheese.
✧ Add a side salad to your Fritatta to make a filling lunch or light dinner.
✧ Want to make it ahead of time and not hover over the stove? Assemble all ingredients the night before and store in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to cook, pour into a greased 9x13 oven-friendly casserole dish and bake at 350° F for 18-20 minutes or until the middle is set.