Brown Butter & Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups unbleached flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp Duxbury Saltworks Classic Sea Salt
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
8 oz. bag of Heath Brickle Bits
12 oz dark chocolate chips
Duxbury Saltworks Classic Sea Salt for sprinkling!
1. Brown the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat (approximately 5-8 minutes) and cool.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, & sea salt.
3. In a mixer bowl, pour butter and both sugars.
4. Using the paddle attachment, beat on a low speed for one minute to incorporate butter and sugars.
5. Add each egg, one at a time, and then the vanilla.
6. Increase the mixing speed to medium-high and beat until the mixture lightens and begins to thicken (approximately 1 minute).
7. Reduce the mixing speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture until just combined.
8. Fold in toffee and chocolate chips and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. (The dough will look loose at first but will thicken while you wait.)
9. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and place a rack in the middle.
10. Line baking sheets with parchment.
11. Using a medium-sized ice cream scoop, drop balls of dough onto the prepared sheets, approximately 1-3" apart. Do not flatten!
12. Sprinkle generously with sea salt.
13. Bake until edges are golden brown and firm, but the centers are soft (approximately 9-11 minutes).
Yield: 18-22 extra large cookies